Uckfield Grasshoppers Junior Football Club Player Terms & Conditions
By signing up for Uckfield Grasshoppers Junior Football Club (UGJFC) membership, you agree to the following terms and conditions below. UGJFC expect all parents and spectators to comply with the following code of conduct.
UGJFC recognises that parents and spectators have a great influence on children’s enjoyment and success in football. All children play football because they first and foremost love the game. It is important to reinforce to all parents and spectators that positive encouragement will contribute to:
- Children enjoying football
- A sense of personal achievement
- Improving the child’s skills and techniques
Parent and spectator expectations and attitudes have a significant bearing on a child’s attitude towards:
- Other players
- Match day officials
- Club managers and other helpers
- Other spectators
We expect that all parents and spectators within our club are always positive and encouraging towards all of the children, not just their own. We will encourage parents and spectators to:
- Applaud the opposition as well as your own team
- Avoid coaching the child during the game
- Not to shout and scream
- Respect the referee’s decision
- Give attention to each of the children involved in football not just the most talented
- Give encouragement to everyone to participate in football.
We would also like to ensure that parents and spectators within our club agree and adhere to our club’s Code of Conduct and Child Protection Policies, paper copies of which can be obtained from any club official if required.
In the unlikely event UGJFC is not in a position to offer football to any player after the season has commenced*, the club will refund 50% of their annual subscription fee up to 31st December of that season. No refund will be given after this date. The club is not obliged to refund any player that decides to leave the club of their own accord. All refunds are subject to the return of all playing kit owned by the club.
* Not being able to offer football means that either a team has disbanded or the club are unable to register any further players with the league for the relevant age group.
Obligations towards the Game
A player should:
- Make every effort to develop their own sporting abilities, in terms of skill, technique, tactics and stamina.
- Give maximum effort and strive for the best possible performance during a game, even if his team is in a position where the desired result has already been achieved.
- Set a positive example for others, particularly young players and supporters.
- Avoid all forms of gamesmanship and time-wasting.
- Not use offensive language.
Respect For the Laws of the Game and Competition Rules
A player should:
- Know and abide by the Laws, rules and spirit of the game, and the competition rules.
- Accept success and failure, victory and defeat, equally.
- Resist any temptation to take banned substances or use banned techniques.
Respect towards Opponents
A player should:
- Treat opponents with due respect at all times, irrespective of the result of the game.
- Safeguard the physical fitness of opponents, avoid violence and rough play, and help injured opponents.
Respect towards the Officials
A player should:
- Accept the decision of the Match Official without protest.
- Avoid words or actions which may mislead a Match Official.
- Show due respect towards Match Officials.
- Abide by the instructions of their Coach and other Team Officials, provided they do not contradict the spirit of this Code.
- Show due respect towards the Team Officials of the opposition.
Obligations towards the Supporters
A player should:
- Show due respect to the interests of supporters.
Should these codes of conduct not be adhered to, the management committee reserves the right to ban players or spectators from playing or watching on match/training days.
Please note that players are responsible for their own fines, including any administration or late fees that may be incurred. Mitigating circumstances should be put in writing to the club secretary within two days of notice served.
Your Personal Data
We may use photographs of members training and playing football on our website and in promotional material. All photos we use are selected with child safety recommendations in mind. If you do not want any images of your child used please contact the club secretary.
The details you submit are stored securely by us and will only ever be used for administration purposes within the club, or to contact you regarding your child’s membership or events we are running. We will keep your membership data for the current, one year season being signed up for. Once this time period has expired, and you have not signed up for a new season, we will delete your data by removing it from our website and player management systems.
We will occasionally write to you by email about things that may be relevant to your membership such as news about club and events we may be running. We don’t sell or share our email distribution list with any person or organisation outside of the club. If you do not wish to receive these emails please contact the club secretary.
In line with GDPR guidelines introduced in May 2018, we are obliged to offer any member the “right to be forgotten” by deleting your details from our records. This means we will no longer be able to contact you or manage your membership, but if at any point in the future you do want to be permanently removed from our system then let us know and we will action this.
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to us processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact the club secretary.
Want to Join The Club?
Check out our membership options in detail here. We offer discounts to families with more than one child that wishes to play.